How to Host a Meet and Greet House Party
Thank you for your willingness to host a House Party - Meet & Greet!
You are significantly contributing to towards building build the broad public support necessary for a truly effective Marie for Congress campaign. Hosting a house party is easy. Below are guidelines to ensure success. If you have any questions feel free to contact Michelle Kobrin @ 805 498-5430.
Success Guidelines for hosting a MEET & GREET
- Set the date and mail invitations. Ideal attendance is15 to 20 people. Typical ratio of invitees to attendees is 1:4, so send out ~ 60 invitations. Invitees should be your neighbors and friends who live in District 24 who are eligible to vote in the June 8 Democratic primary. The campaign will assist with information on registered Democrats in the area. Please provide your guest to Marie Panec for Congress staff 1 week before the event.
- Call your guests to follow up –The more the merrier, so make calls and encourage folks to join the festivities. Your personal contact adds that “personal touch” to draw invitees over.
- Provide food and drinks – Think of food appropriate for the time of day, e.g., appetizers for early evening, dessert for after dinner. Provide a mixture of drinks, e.g., coffee, water, soft drinks or wine.
- Set the stage – Set out food and beverages. Have a table for campaign materials and places for most of your guests to sit.
- Enjoy being the host or hostess - Make people feel welcome. Introduce folks to each other and to the campaign staff. Speak from your heart about what motivates you to support Marie. Introduced her to your guests as you would a friend.
- Make the call to action – After Marie has spoken and engaged in a broad conversation about issues and the campaign, ask for volunteers and contributions. The campaign will supply you with appropriate materials.
- Follow up with a simple thank you – Attendees will receive a thank you from the campaign. An added thank you note from you, too, is a nice touch.
Key Success Factors for Your Party
- Personal contact with your invitees – Follow-up calls after the invitations are mailed and reminder calls a few days in advance of the party boosts attendance tremendously.
- Personal Enthusiasm! The best way to gain advocacy from your guests, is to demonstrate your own dedication and enthusiasm for the effort. Passion and commitment are infectious! Every time you talk to your guests let them feel your commitment to Marie for Congress.